Policy for unacceptable conduct and behavior:
Types of conduct which will be considered unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Arguing/shouting /screaming/threatening either in person or over the telephone.
- Insulting, demeaning and humiliating attitude while expressing disagreement or dissatisfaction
- Physically intimidating or threatening behavior.
- Using abusive language.
Procedure to be followed:-
- If a member of the daycare staff reports a parent or guardian, behaving in an unacceptable manner, he/she will be asked to provide details of the incident in writing. Exact words or gestures are to be quoted in this report. The response of the employee will also be recorded in this form.
- The coordinator or an appropriate staff member will then send an official written note to the concerned parent/guardian defining the conduct and a reminder of the policy in such cases.
- If the problem persists then the matter will be directed to the Management Committee. The Committee will seek to resolve the matter with discussion and mediation.
- In extreme cases, the presence and entry of such a person may be restricted on the daycare premises.
- Cases where violence is threatened against the daycare or staff, the admission of the child/children may be cancelled without notice.
- In case a daycare employee or employees behave in a manner described as unacceptable (mentioned above) the parent or guardian will immediately inform the management in writing. The same procedure will then be followed to settle the matter.